Thursday, April 30, 2015

Disney here I come!

As I type this post, I think back to freshman year and how I was so excited to be beginning a new chapter in my life. Now, as a graduating senior, I think about how that chapter is ending and another is beginning. Ever since I was in high school, I knew that one day I wanted to do the Disney College Program. Coming into college as an education major, I did not think that day would come. Halfway through my freshman year, it occurred to me that I was not loving the picture in my head of how my future would be. So I sat down with my mom and we looked at all the other majors Bloomsburg had to offer. We also talked about what my strengths and weaknesses were. I ended up applying and getting accepted into the Mass Communications department spring semester of my freshman year, and it was the best decision I ever made. A couple days after I got accepted, I met with my advisor Dr. Ganahl. I told him about my dreams to work for Disney and right away he sent me to a guy who works at the school store who did the program when he was my age and worked for Disney for many years after that. He chatted with me and told me that doing the program would get my foot in the door  with the company. At that time I did not know that college graduates could do it so I didn't think I was going to end up doing it because I didn't want to leave my friends and stuff here at Bloomsburg.

Fast forward to January of senior year. I applied for the program and made it to the phone interview stage. I scheduled my interview for 8:30 on a Sunday night. I was sitting anxiously in the living room waiting for the call. When it finally came, I was so nervous. This phone call could change the future and my life forever! Apparently the interview went well because about three weeks later I got my acceptance letter! As soon as I saw the "Congratulations!" as the email subject on an email from Disney, I started screaming and crying tears of joy. Finally, my dreams are coming true.

Less than a month after I graduate from Bloomsburg, I begin a new chapter of my life. It's a little bittersweet that my college career is coming to an end but I would never change the memories, friendships, and learning experiences I gained during my four years here. I will forever keep Bloomsburg in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment