Monday, April 20, 2015

Post-Grad Plans

Since I was a child, I have loved country music. It has always been my dream to visit Nashville, Tennessee, the country music capitol of the world. When I grew up and began to think about what I wanted to do after high school, I realized that the only place I wanted to work was Nashville in the country music industry. Everyone always gives the same advice: If you do something you love, you'll never work a day in your life. For me, that means working in the country music industry.
Last summer, I was lucky enough to spend 10 weeks in Nashville doing two different internships. One was with an independent artist and the other was at a PR company that worked with artists. I got to do amazing things like help out on the set of a music video that was shot in Daytona Beach, Florida. I learned a lot about radio and the process of releasing music. I solicited sponsorships and developed content for social media sites. It was an amazing summer, and one that I will never forget! You can read about my experiences here.


Although I have yet to secure a full-time job, I have been in contact with a lot of people I met this summer. One of the women that I worked for this summer has expressed an interest in hiring me full-time, but we still have to work out details. Even if I do not have a job secured by the time graduation rolls around, I plan to make the full-time move to Nashville this summer. One of my good friends is (hopefully) going to be working as a nurse at Vanderbilt, so I will have someone to live with. It will be much easier for me to find a job in Nashville while I am living there.
I know exactly where I want to be, so now it's time to take the steps to get there. I am very excited about what the future holds and cannot wait to start my career in Nashville!


No comments:

Post a Comment