Friday, April 24, 2015

Graduating, but I'm not leaving!

Four years ago I remember thinking how fast high school went and couldn't believe I was about to go to college.  I remember looking up at all the "older" kids and thinking it'd take a long time until I was one of them.  It feels as though this was just yesterday.  Four years of college flew by in what feels like one.

Graduation is a little over two weeks away and many people are realizing how much they're going to miss Bloomsburg.  While a lot of my friends and classmate are preparing for interviews, internships or their first real job, I'm getting ready for graduate school and my return to Bloomsburg University.

Starting in the Summer 2015, I will begin my grad-student life adventure. I am enrolled in Bloom's 2-year Instructional Technology master's degree program and will be completing classes online and on campus.  I'm extremely happy with the flexibility of the program because this will allow me to live at home and only have to commute to Bloomsburg once a week.

I have been lucky enough to be hired by the Schuylkill Haven Recreation Department; this is where I completed an internship in Winter 2014!  I honestly had no idea where my source of income was going to come from during my 2 years of grad school.  I am so grateful and excited.  They are extremely understanding that my graduate classes are going to require a lot of time and work, so they are allowing me to work as many hours a week as I can.  I can't wait to start graduate school and work within my community back home.

Good luck to everyone with their future endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment