Sunday, April 19, 2015

What is this all about? -Bela John Vaszlavik

I get questioned often as graduation approaches such as; What are you going to do after graduation? If all this time and money was worth it?  Are you ready to graduate? And I feel that these questions cannot be easily answered. This is for the fact that you learn so much in college not just about whatever field you study but more about what you find about yourself. The memories you gain, the friends you meet, and the person that you become you can't put a price tag on. Your idea of what you will do after graduation changes drastically over the years you are here that it is hard to sum up how you got to your conclusion.

For me, the past four years my answer to what I wanted post graduation was simple, I wanted to be on the radio. The entire time I was trying to convince myself that this was the given path that I need to be on. I did all I could to be involved in radio, trying to push myself into this path and at the end I realized that I would not be happy there and I would just be settling for myself. For me it was never about the money, it was always about how much I could help others. My entire life I have had this unyielding desire to help others and it wasn't till a couple of months ago that I realized I wanted to do this to the best of my abilities.  Post graduate I plan on going into the US Air Force active duty as a special forces Pararescuemen. I have never felt so sure in my life of what I want to do with my life than I do now and I know I would have never been able to do this if I hadn't discovered who I am here at Bloomsburg.

So am I really ready to graduate? Better question is; Am I ready for school to be over? Absolutely! But more importantly, am I ready to leave college life? Absolutely not! With all the memories I have and the great friends I've made I know it will be truly hard to let go of it all. But there is more friends to be had and more memories to make. Besides I know that they will never be truly gone because they will always be with me the rest of my life and no one can take that from me or any of us for that matter. As I embark on my next adventure I know it will be good. I am very excited for the US Air Force and serving this great country. And hopefully one day I'll meet a great woman (even if it's not Taylor Swift) and start a family. Sure I'll make mistakes and sure you will too but don't let it keep you down, remember to get up and keep on fighting. Always remember never settle for less and always remember to have a good time with whatever makes you happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment