Friday, April 24, 2015

College Aftermath

So with exactly 15 days until graduation reality has gradually began to set in that this four year milestone of my life know as college is coming to an abrupt end. I can not say that I am not excited for the what-if's and the upcoming post graduate possibilities, but I also cannot say that I will not miss my soon to be Alma Mater. One thing that I am extremely proud of is the fact that on May 9th at 3:30 I will be graduating with a degree that will open doors for me in a field that I am passionate about.

My undergraduate experience has been nothing short of a roller coaster with its fair share of up and downs. However, the skill sets I have gained, the people I have met, and the memories I have made allow me to bid a optimistic and content farewell to the university. As a Mass Communications major I have had the opportunities to have leadership positions in student organizations directly related to my interest. I also have had the chance to get hands on experience that are invaluable to me in terms of being able to land my first job.

As of right now I am continually applying to internships for this upcoming summer. My hopes are to land an internship in either the Philadelphia or New York area at a news or radio station with my preference being news. Despite not currently having an internship secured I know that the broadcast industry is where I am suppose to be and have no doubt  that I will get there. I am super excited and anxious of what's to come for me as a soon to be alumni but one thing for sure is that when its all said and done I will always be able to say that I am proud to be a husky.

No comments:

Post a Comment