Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Where Did The Time Go?

Coming into Bloomsburg I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I thought of being a teacher, social worker, or exercise science major. As much as I love exercise and health, science and math are not my strong subjects. I finally decided to go into mass communication because I like reading and writing. I'm thankful I decided to pursue this career path because I have learned many skills and tools that made me realize it was the perfect choice for me. Becoming the Opinion and Editorial Editor for BUnow has shown me that I am a leader and has made me extremely organized with my time. During my time at Bloomsburg I have met so many friends and professors who have taught me many lessons that you couldn't learn in the classroom.

Even though my concentration is journalism I am interested in starting a career in public relations. As of right now my dream is to work for Nike's public relations department or any pr firm that works with athletic brands or athletes. Being a trainer isn't for me but I know I am passionate about fitness.   

Although I don't have job or internship lined up I'm not stressing about it anymore because I want to enjoy this last summer traveling and hanging out with my friends. I hope I get a job or internship after this summer and it might take me awhile until I truly have a job that I absolutely love but I'm okay with that. Everyone has a different path that they are meant to take in life and I'm excited to see where life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment