Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Journey of a Lifetime


        I started at Bloomsburg in the Summer of 2011. I was an extremely sheltered individual who was nervous yet very excited to be on my own. The first thing I noticed when I got here was how I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do as a career. I went from major to major switching and deciding what seemed more interesting. The end of my Sophomore year I finally made the decision to be a Mass Communications major and to study Public Relations. This was the best decision I had ever made. I met the best people within this major and even joined an organization. Joining BUnow was the best thing that I had ever done. I met so many people and gained so many opportunities through it. The Mass Communications department is by far the best path to go. You have skilled professionals as your professors who are very knowledgable and willing to help you all the way to graduation. The professors are personable and make going to class into an adventure on its own. I can defiantly say that my time at Bloomsburg became memorable the moment that I chose to be a Mass Communications major. With the help of my organization and the skills my professors instilled in me, I landed a job right out of college. I will be helping in the marketing office at a Skirmish USA, Pocono Whitewater, and Pocono Biking. These companies are all under the same ownership and I will get to do the work for all three. This will give me so much room to be creative and to use my skills. I am very nervous about leaving college but excited and grateful about the journey that I have gone through to get to this point in my life. One day I know I will be running my own Wedding Planning company and maybe even working with my Idol David Tutera. I wanted to thank all the Mass Communications Professors, Liz our fabulous secretary, BUnow, and all the other Mass Comm Students who went with me on this crazy journey and I wish the best to all the graduating seniors! 

Congrats 2015 Seniors!

No comments:

Post a Comment