Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Only two more weeks!

Only two more weeks left until graduation. Well, a little more than two weeks, but you get what I mean. Graduation is a time where our entire class rejoices and celebrates everything that they have accomplished at Bloomsburg University. All of the hard work and sacrifices that everybody has made culminates into one afternoon where we all walk on stage and toss our hats.

Personally, my time at Bloomsburg was well spent. I took a lot of great classes with some great instructors. I became a better student by attending this university. All of the people that I met and talked to, all of the support that I have received, and all of the work that I put in to my assignments has really helped me out in the long run.

I was able to obtain a great deal of experience in my field. I wrote sports and news articles for BUNOW. That was the first organization where I could showcase my skills as a writer. I also served as an intern at PennLive/Patriot News over the winter break. There, I took on a variety of different tasks, such as writing articles and entering box scores for high school events.

Knowing that I am on the cusp of graduating, I look back at all of the work that I put in to my studies and realize that it was all worth it. There were moments where I did not want to go another inch. However, I decided to take matters into my own hands by staying the course with college. I don't want to have any regrets in the future. I don't want to sit back and ask myself, what if?

The bottom line is this: I don't want to be remembered as being a student at Bloomsburg University. I want to be remembered as a graduate of Bloomsburg University.

No comments:

Post a Comment