Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Oh, the Future ...

As the last week of classes wrap up, the feeling of everything coming to an end for good is becoming clearer. I am very excited to graduate and move on to the next stage of my life. After five years of college, I'm ready. There are so many possibilities with Mass Communications that it is almost overwhelming.

Through this class, I have learned more about myself and what I want to do in the future. One of my biggest lessons through my job search is to not get too stressed about it or I start to drive myself crazy. I have learned to understand that I will end up where I am supposed to be, and every opportunity is another step to that dream job. All experience is useful.

Since I only entered this major three semesters ago, I feel as if I did not get as much as I could have in college due to not knowing what I wanted to do for a while. For example, I have discovered that what I really want to do is graphic design, but I have run out of time in my education to do so. However, I discovered a way to receive CEUs. I have noticed that Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are the programs one needs to be efficient in for a position in graphic design. It only costs about $60-70 to earn a certificate in each of these programs. This will be my next step after graduation to become more qualified to get a design position preferably in an advertising/marketing agency. I want to be a part of a creative culture, as described in the Creativity, Inc. book we read. My dream job would be to work for an entertainment convention such as Comic Con.



As I receive these CEUs, I will just be working, while still looking for a job or internship relevant to my degree, to save up money to be able to not have to live with my parents too long after graduation. :P

My experience at Bloomsburg University has been great, and I will miss it. I have enjoyed being in this major with all the amazing professors and classmates.
 
I wish everyone the best of luck!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment