Friday, April 24, 2015

It's the End of College and I Feel Fine

I know this blog is meant to be a retrospect, and chance to look back on the past four years at Bloom and reminisce about the things that transpired.

But I don't want to do that, because man alive I was a lamer four years ago!  Besides, the future is much more interesting.  Always drill forward, I say.

 
So what am I doing in under two weeks when graduation thrusts me, dazed and confused into the real world?  For now, I have a job (mostly) lined up with the company I've been interning with since winter break.  Bold Gold Media group is a radio company based out of my home town of Honesdale, PA and I'll be returning to the company this summer.  Hopefully in a paying capacity!


Beyond that, I have plans to start up a content creation group with some friends I made here at Bloom.  We are going to get together on Skype and play table top roleplaying games using an online hosting site.  While we play, we are going to be streaming video of our sessions on the website Twitch.tv and uploading the recorded videos to YouTube.  We are going to be playing games like Dungeons and Dragon, New World of Darkness, Warhammer 40,000 (Dark Heresy, Deathwatch, Rogue Trader, etc.) and whatever weird stuff our Game Master can dig up.  We're called Disadvantage Dice, you should probably check us out.
Finally, I'm going to continue exploring my writing.  For the moment my huge project that I need do dedicate my creative focus to is a story I began back in my first Creative Writing class in sophomore year.

I'm about 190K words in and counting, but once this is done I have plans to write something publishable.  Over my time here at Bloom I've accumulated a few pieces of work that I could make into a short story collection.  I'm thinking it is going to have a bit of a military theme to it, spread out over a bunch of different genres.  Maybe you'll see it on the shelves one day?

Looking over my plans though, I have a lot to do.  I'm going into entertainment on the reading, viewing, and listening fronts.  It's plenty of work, but I love to do it.  And as my Dad always told me, "if you find a job you love, you never work a day in your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment