Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Post-Grad Plans!

As I prepare to graduate I am looking back on my four years here at Bloomsburg University. My freshman year I came into the school as a marketing major. Within my first year I went from being a marketing major, to undeclared, to finally being accepted into the Mass Communications major. My freshman year I was assigned an Intro to Mass communications course. After I learned more about the field I decided to switch my major, and it was the best decision I made. Along with my major I decided to minor in Studio Art. I have always loved drawing, painting, and graphic design, so minoring in studio art has helped me bring out my creative side. It is also great that the mass communications major and art minor go hand in hand with regards to creativity.

During my time at Bloomsburg I have learned so much and met so many great people. I have acquired such a large skill set in the mass communications and art fields and have created such a wide variety of work to include in my portfolio. In the future I hope to use my wide set of skills to obtain a job in graphic design or advertising for a company.


Currently, I am searching for in internship in the area of my hometown, Northern New Jersey or New York City. As I prepare to graduate, I will continue to apply to internships in my area and continue to network with the people I know back home. In addition to this, my other short-term goal is to continue creating graphic design work to improve the visual part of my portfolio. My long-term plan is to work part-time at home while searching for an internship, get an internship, and hopefully that will turn into a full-time job opportunity. As of right now, I do not have any interviews, but I have some potential leads that I will continue to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment