Thursday, April 9, 2015

Ohh yeah, first post!! -Alexander Ruth

I'll kickstart the posts for this semester's senior sem class! I guess I'll start off with what I have been able to accomplish here at Bloom before I talk about what my plans are for after I graduate. I came into Bloomsburg as a PR major without really knowing anything about public relations. I immediately fell in love with the field once I started learning about it during my freshman year. I got involved in multiple organizations on campus throughout my time here. I joined the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) in the spring semester of my freshman year and it has basically been my life these past 3 years. I was fortunate enough to take over as chapter president for my junior year and held the position throughout my senior year. Along with PRSSA, I also joined the Bloomsburg Student Concert Committee when I was a freshman and then BUnow in my junior year. I don't think my college experience would have been nearly as great as it was without these organizations and all of the experiences and friendships I have gained from being a part of them.

Now we are about 4 weeks away from graduation, which is enough to make me want to puke all over the place. All year I had a ton of plans and ideas for what I was going to do when I graduated, all of which evolved around moving to Philadelphia and trying to score a social media/pr position with a clothing, hospitality, or electronics company... pretty broad, right? Well those plans got pushed to the side when I found out that you could do the Disney College Program after graduation! Sidebar-- I was under the assumption you could only do the program while you were actually in school, I had no idea you could do it after graduation. So upon hearing this great news, I applied for the program and went through the entire application and interview process. I'm really excited to say that I got an offer from the program and will be a cast member at Walt Disney World in Orlando come August! I will be doing the program for at least 6 months. I still see that social media position in Philadelphia or any other big city in the Northeast in my future, just not my immediate future!

No comments:

Post a Comment