Monday, April 27, 2015

What's Next?

When I first came to Bloomsbury University, I wasn't sure what major I wanted to declare. After exploring my options and finding out about Public Relations, I knew this was what I was meant to do.  I've learned many things along the way from the classes I've taken, and feel I have definitely chosen the right career path for myself. Although I strongly enjoy my major and have for the past four years, I didn't come to realize exactly what I wanted to do until the end of my college career.

This past year, I have done an internship with an event planning company and was in charge of being their PR representative. I have always been creative and have love doing things with art and design, so I knew this was the perfect internship for me. I managed the company's social media presence, while helping to set up weddings and other events, and design decor/ center pieces. I realized from this experience that I am a very hands on worker, and am seeking a career where I can use my communication skills and my creative background. I now have a job with this event planning company when I get home after graduation, and plan on working there until I find a better job.

I went on several interviews over spring break and learned that I need to be more specific in the types of jobs I am seeking. The interviews I went to were all for marketing firms that were looking for people to start off with door to door interviews. The interviews were very educational and I am happy I went for the experience, but they were nothing I was interested in. I was happy to receive follow up interviews because I knew I did well, but it's nothing that I felt was worth my time and education.

I am looking forward to going home and making use of my connections I have made, and actively seeking a job that I feel is right for me. I look forward to continuing to apply to jobs and going on more interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment