Thursday, April 23, 2015

Post-Graduate Plans

I can't believe that next week is the final week of classes and after that all that's left is finals and then GRADUATION! How in the world did this happen so fast?  I feel like it was literally yesterday that I was moving into Elwell.

When I was accepted into Bloomsburg University as a high school senior, I had every intention of being a secondary education mathematics major.  I tried that out for a year and although I enjoyed it, it didn't feel right.  I had always said if I could think of my dream job it would be a wedding/special events planner and then I had the realization that if there was ever a time to change my career path, it was while in college.  Since then I switched into Communication Studies and Mass Communications to gain the necessary skills for event planning.  I have learned so much in all my classes that will surely help me out in my future career as well as hands on experiences with PRSSA and Homecoming Committee. I had an amazing internship this past summer in Atlantic City and it gave me so much reassurance that I was on the right path.

I don't have any job plans set-in-stone yet, but I am putting myself out there and that's all a part of the post-graduate life.  I'm trying to break into the special events industry, but have also looked at a few fundraising opportunities as an event planner and a few positions in wedding & catering sales.  I have a few leads right now and am currently pursuing them.  I'm really excited to get my career started and get into the fast-paced event planning environment.

Hit me up when you all get married :)


No comments:

Post a Comment