Tuesday, April 28, 2015

So now what happens?

      I came to Bloomsburg University as a summer freshman in 2011.  I had no idea where this journey would take me and where I would end up.  I started out taking classes geared toward becoming an early education/ special education major.  I enjoyed many of my classes but soon realized it was not quite for me.  In my Spring 2012 semester I joined the sorority Chi Sigma Rho as a freshman.  I went on to make lifelong friends and took on the positions of fundraising chair and assistant new member educator! I would not have changed this decision for the world.  I met my "big" and one of my best friends through Chi Sig and she is how I learned about the Mass Communications Department.  I realized I was interested in it and decided to take on the Public Relations concentration.  I also began taking classes to obtain a psychology minor!  I have learned a lot over these years with many PR classes with Dr. Ganahl and Dr. Byrum.  I wouldn't have obtained so much knowledge without these 2.  I would not change my experience here for anything!
     I am now continuing my search for a place in the real world.  I have applied to many public relations internships around Reading and the greater Philadelphia area.  I have come very close with two of these and had an interview with QVC.  We continued the process but unfortunately fell through.  Although this was discouraging it still allowed me to make contacts and work harder.  I am continuing to make progress with internships and applying to more.  I am still walking on May 9th and will continue the job search! Good luck and congrats to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment